Another Morphic question

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Dec 20 05:39:46 UTC 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 12:20 AM, Michael Latta wrote:

> The Morphic-Component category has some classes that appear to support
> a view that has morphs wired together with pins.  But since there are
> no comments, or examples, it is challenging to be sure, or know how to
> use them.  Is my assessment of their purpose correct?  Any pointers on
> how to use them would be appreciated.  If I can get a boxes and lines
> diagram up easily enough, I may be able to use Squeak for a project.

For a demo of these PinMorphs and WireMorphs, etc., you'll need to
download an old Squeak such as 2.7 or 2.8 (which seems to run
reasonably well on current VMs).  Open the "Play With Me 6" project and
you'll see a nifty demo of a class browser built with these morphs.
(which does not make use of any Browser behavior)

Although if you just want to make diagrams of boxes and lines, you
might be best off using the Connectors package on SqueakMap, which runs
on current versions of Squeak and is much fancier in terms of
diagramming.

- Doug