[BUG][FIX]StrikeFontSet>>maxWidth - array out of bounds

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Dec 21 00:05:33 UTC 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 3:03 PM, Trygve Reenskaug wrote:

>  comment 2: I tried reporting this on BFAV, but couldn't make it work.
> I tried following this quote:
>
> "As Ken's said, you can do that neatly if you install BFAV. Then you
> can make
> a new changeset, move your changes & fix into that changeset, and just
> right
> click the changeset to get a DecentReviewerNotePad dialog, which makes
> sending to the list a breeze."
>
> When I installed BFAV, it loaded some stuff forever. I aborted it when
> it had loaded about 3000.
> I assumed that the above related to the dual change sorter,
> but I couldn't find a 'DecentReviewerNotePad' command anywhere.
> I gave up, it shouldn't be a research project to use a released
> program product.

This page still describes the "official" way to submit fixes:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/398

The bottom line is that BFAV is a heavyweight installation.  It's
really useful for reviewing/submitting a bunch of fixes once you've
successfully installed it, but if you just want to submit a single fix,
I'd recommend just emailing the [FIX] directly to squeak-dev as the
swiki page describes.

- Doug