Squeak Browser Plugin - Loading Project

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 21 05:00:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have setup a test web page with a simple project (FishTank.pr) that I would
like the user to run in the Squeak Browser plugin.

For now this is (test time only) on

http://www.handwritingservices.com:9090/index-plugin-using-simple-link.html

When I attach from Windows, where I have Squeak Browser plugin installed, the
squeakland logo appears, but then I get an error:

	VMMaker Tool is missing, Cannot load project

(The same Windows system can load the "kids play projects" from
squeakland.org)

Does it mean my project have a dependency on VMMaker (i have heard of it, but
not aware i would have used it, not sure what it is)? If so, is there a way
to know "up front" what a project depends on (well I guess the answer is no).

If I am correct, I assume there could be 2 solutions:

	1) Somehow, in the plugin HTML, specify what needs to be loaded along with
the ".pr" file and how, from where etc. Is this possible? This seems
prferable, I would not want the user to wait plus copy multiple images (as in
2).

	2) Somehow, in the plugin HTML, specify to use a "custom" image downloaded
from my web site rather than the default from squeakland.org during the
client plugin install. I assume this should be possible(?) but not sure how.

I appreciate any help and pointers,

thanks Milan