[RANT] Come on people! ;)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Tue Dec 21 20:37:22 UTC 2004

Michael Latta wrote:
> Stef,
>
> I think it is less your english than email.  Email is very bad at
> communicating inflections.  The inflections on what get said make a huge
> difference in communicating the subtile meaning of works, and are
> critical to irony, teasing, and other forms of modifying the intent of
> words.  Keep up the good work, but leave the inflections to times when
> you can get them across.

yes, I will definitely follow your advice :)

still I'm a bit surprised at how fast things can blow up. I would expect
that in a friendly list populated with intelligent people an ambigous
piece of writing would be given the benefit of doubt, but unfortunately
this is not always the case. this is sad...

ok it's over now. thanks for your kind words (well maybe they were not
kind, hopefully I got the inflections right :).

regards,

Stef