Morphic questions

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Wed Dec 22 05:43:50 UTC 2004

Ned,

Thanks for your many answers, and for Connectors.  I have loaded the
2.0 version and I am starting to get to know it.  I like what I see so
far.  If I get my project off the ground, Connectors will be integral
to using Squeak.

A few more questions:

1) Is there documentation I should be looking at for using/programming
Connectors?
2) How does the Attachment Point Adjuster work?  I can drag one out,
and turn the grid on and off, but the other buttons do not do anything.
  How do I add/adjust the attachment points for shapes?
3) The performance is pretty good on my 1Ghz PowerBook.  Was another
comment correct that no hardware acceleration is involved?
4) Is there some place I can set the default font so morphs default to
a true type font?  One of the biggest things that jumps out at me is
the quality of the fonts on my Mac vs. Windows or default Squeak fonts.
5) When I copy some Connectors morphs (states) as PostScript the
rounded corners become square corners.  I presume this is some method
that is not getting overridden?
6) Have you experimented with large sets of morphs?  Say a diagram with
1000s of morphs on it with connectors?

Michael