Connectors 2.0 Question

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Dec 22 05:45:17 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 9:34 am, Michael Latta wrote:
> I downloaded the SAR from the author's web site, located it in a file
> list, and selected "install" in a base 3.7-5989-full image.

What SAR did you load?

I installed (into a 3.7-5989 basic image with stock flaps)
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/Connectors2Basic-160.sar

and it didn't change the existing flaps. This is the one that's (now)
published on SqueakMap.

I also tried (in the Full image)
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/ConnectorsBasic-173-Squeak37g.sar
(which is the one linked from my web page).

I did see the "load older dependency" messages on loading into a full image.

I think that the various Monticello package dependencies aren't set up right
for some reason in that SAR.

And I see that it apparently deletes the existing flaps. This could well be
because I didn't make the installer change from the Squeakland version. I'll
look into this.

Meanwhile, you can select from the World menu

 flaps.../install default shared flaps

to restore the original flaps.

Then you can do this from a Workspace:

 ConnectorsInfo createConnectorsFlaps.
 ConnectorsShapesInfo createConnectorsFlaps.

to creat the Connectors flaps.

I need to package my later Connectors changes (done for Squeakland) into a new
release for 3.7. Plus, since many of the fixes that were in the 3.7
Connectors package have now become part of 3.8, I should also come out with a
3.8-compatible version. There have been a number of enhancements as well that
started in Connectors and have found their way to the Squeakland image or to
3.8g.

Sorry you had problems with this, but 3.7full came out after I published
Connectors2-2.0.

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz