[ANN] BabySRE (Squeak Reverse Engineering) posted on SqueakMap

hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net
Wed Dec 22 08:36:56 UTC 2004

Quoting Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org>:

> On Tuesday 21 December 2004 12:37 pm, hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net wrote:
> > e) base image plus MC, RFB, Conn1.9, SRE
> > If somebody other is successful assembling a 3.8gamma image with
> > Monticello, RFB, Connectors and SRE without the aforementioned limit I
> will
> > happily provide webspace that other poeple can get started right away.
> This
> > will be for a few months as I think later we will have better solutions
> > (New version of SqueakMap).
>
> I routinely use a 3.8g image with MC, RFB, and Connectors2. It happens to be
>
> derived from the Squeakland image, but it still works.

Ned,
Yes I can confirm in addition that 3.8g (most recent, main stream), MC, RFB and
Connectors1.9 work fine.

Trygve currently builds his SRE tools on Connectors1.9. But of course I would
prefer to see that your rewrite Connectors 2.0 is used. But these kinds of
things depend on timing issues. You have to take something existing and to
build on it. I suppose  that a lot of additional expertise gained through the
process went into Connectors2.0 and I will read in the code, when I have time .
Are there any things to say about API changes?

On the other side from a user point of view SRE is just fine as is.

In any case, thank you Ned for this wonderful contribution of Connectors, with
which you put others into a position to develop exciting things. (Jacaranda,
SRE ...)

Hannes