[BUG] destroying a tile inside a script does not change the behavior

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Dec 22 10:07:34 UTC 2004

Hi, Stef,

Good point; the attached fixes this.

Kids usually remove a phrase from a Scriptor by simply dragging it
out of the Scriptor; the bug you mention only occurs if you attempt
to "destroy" a phrase by bringing up a halo on the PhraseTileMorph
and then clicking on the halo's pink "X" handle, rather than simply
"picking it up" and removing it.

Cheers,

  -- Scott

PS:  There is not much bulletproofing in the etoy system against
random ripping apart of the complex morphic structures that make up
the Scriptors, the Viewers, the various media players, etc.  Any
energetic and inquisitive (or unlucky) user can wreak havoc on any of
these tools and cause them to misbehave, etc., by bringing up halos
on random sub-elements and using the pink or black halo handles to
rip apart structures.  But this quickly gets boring.