[ANN] BabySRE (Squeak Reverse Engineering) posted on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Thu Dec 23 03:59:21 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 3:34 am, Trygve Reenskaug wrote:

> First a piece of magic: Yesterday, I used SqueakMap to load Connectors 2.0
> followed by BabySRE. It failed. I then tried Connectors1.9, BabySRE. It
> failed because SqueakMap did not retrieve all of the Baby Monticello file.
> There is some invisible interference. May be through the Monticello cache??

Trygve, I'm happy you're finding Connectors useful. I'd like to get Connectors
2 usable for your project as well.

Could you try the Connectors 2.1 version that I just registered with SqueakMap
and is downloadable from
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/ConnectorsBasic-173-Squeak37g.sar ?

I should note that Connectors 2 does not yet have dashed lines, though it does
have bitmap fill patterns that could work for some uses. If you're trying to
copy the UML drawing style, this could be a drawback for you.

> Today, I started again with a fresh 3.7-5989 image, fixed the maxWidth bug
> and loaded Connectors 1.9, BabySRE. It worked!

Are you using the Full image or the Basic image?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/