PDAMorph [was: Re: [RANT] Come on people! ;)]

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Dec 23 07:58:00 UTC 2004

Hello Kamil -

>Nobody seems responsible for it, so nobody cares. Of course nobody deletes as well, because "what if..."
>
>Btw, who are those people in PDAMorph?

There should be default fields for author and current maintainers in the class comments but, alas, there are not.

In the absence of these, you can check the option for Preferences>browsing>Show annotation panes, and then open a new browser on, say, class PDA.  Every method will there appear with its time and author stamp, which will soon give you a sense of original author, current level of activity and current maintainers.

To save you the trouble...

	It's mostly me
	I haven't done much on it recently
	If you find bugs or need help with enhancements, I'll try to help

We once had an unofficial competition to see who could write the smallest and simplest equivalent of the original Tetris in Squeak (it was about twice as big, and quite a bit slower).

Along these lines, Alan's first comment (softened a bit) when he saw the PDAMorph was "That should all be written as an eToy that is both easy to deconstruct and easy to script by end users."  I think it's still a good challenge (hint: you are allowed to change eToys ;-).

	- Dan