Squeak Accessibility for the blind

Thomas A Petersen tpeterse at csc.com
Thu Dec 23 15:16:15 UTC 2004

Stef, et. al,

I mentioned in a previous mail that I wanted to change SHOUT colors.  Well,
I found it.
I changed the defaultStyleTable method of the SHTextStylerST80 class and
did a
SHTextStylerST80 initialize to make the changes take effect.

This makes Squeak easier for me to read since I see color better than I see
minute shapes.  Louder colors like magenta and red tell me I am working
with
an error or something dangerous.  Darker red tells me I am working with a
reserved
word and so forth.

I am attaching the altered method and a small picture of what it looks like
in a standard browser.

Stef, did you get the pictures I sent you off list last week?  The mail
system I am using
was acting strange with attachments last week.

Enjoy and thanks to all for Squeak,
tap
Enclosures:

(See attached file: SHTextStylerST80 class-defaultStyleTable.st)(See
attached file: ShoutHack.gif)