Socket connect fails

Frank Gerlach frankgerlach22 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 24 22:08:50 UTC 2004

Hello follks,
I am new to squeak and encountered a problem I cannot resolve on my
own (and google didn`t return anything usful either:

|socket|
socket:=(OldSocket newTCP) connectTo:'127.0.0.1' port:1444

Results in

primitiveFailed
	"Announce that a primitive has failed and there is no appropriate
	Smalltalk code to run."

	self error: 'a primitive has failed'

(I couldn't find the feature to copy the whole stacktrace, but this
method says the most. Maybe you can also tell me how to copy a full
stack trace..)

Now, what does primitiveFailed mean ? I am running this on a Windows/XP
machine, and there is a server running on port 1444. I tried OldSocket
also, but to no difference...

Thank you for helping a newbie !

regards

Frank

--
Psssst! Mit GMX Handyrechnung senken: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail
100 FreeSMS/Monat (GMX TopMail), 50 (GMX ProMail), 10 (GMX FreeMail)