StandardFileStream not closing files immediately

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Tue Dec 28 16:44:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:29:35 -0500, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>
wrote:

> StandardFileStream>>close is the method that closes the file cleanly
> and makes sure that the external file handle gets closed. If you
> use this to explicitly close all file streams that refer to the
> file, you should then be able to delete the file.

Thanks. I was clear enough. What I mean was after I close the file stream
by sending #close, the file is not close immediately. For eg. if I check
by sending #closed to the stream immediately after sending #close, it
_sometimes_ answer false. But if I do a gc, or put a self halt than click
proceed immediately when I see the debugger window, it will be ok. I can't
rule out the possibility that its a bug in my code, but it certainly seems
that #close does not work as you described. BTW, this is on windows.

--
Regards
HweeBoon