StandardFileStream not closing files immediately

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Tue Dec 28 17:41:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:20:15 -0500, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>
wrote:

> Oh, I see. Perhaps this is Windows specific behavior. I don't have a
> Windows box at hand, but on Linux if I do this:
>
>   (1 to: 1000) collect: [:e | (FileStream fileNamed: 'junk.txt') close
> closed]
>
> I get an array of all true. Do you get some false results in the array
> when you do it on your system?

Nope. I get all true too. I had a sunit test case for my code where I
could reproduce it every time. But when I tried reproducing it in a
workspace it was particularly elusive. I'll see if I can simplify the
sunit test case, which currently uses 3 file streams concurrently and does
a cycle of open-close-open-close. Was hoping if anyone had seen the
problem :) Thanks.

--
Regards
HweeBoon