[TRICK] What if you have Squeak 3.7 CD and not Internet access and wish load SqueakMap packages

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Dec 28 20:15:27 UTC 2004

On 28/12/04 09:22, "goran.krampe at bluefish.se" <goran.krampe at bluefish.se>
wrote:
Goran:

Always is good read you.

> Hmmm, the reason "browse cache" isn't showed is because the selected
> item is not in the cache yet. Select "force download into cache" or
> "copy from cache" first. So there should be no need to do this "trick"
> using inspect. Or perhaps I am missing some subtle point.

Well, SM was thinked for having Internet connection by default.
First time what SM window could open without it was when Hernan published
his Preferences tools and enhancements (for me, sure you have something long
before).

Many of automatic scripts recently published give error because this.
At this time I think if you never download package xxx, you not have any
reference to it in any like map.1593.sgz.

The trick is what if you got CD, and copy all sm directory, sure ypu have
package xxx, but not sure how you could have a "total map for all packages"
in map.xxxx.sgz form.

Maybe Marcus have it , but I bet 1 Argentina peso (about 0.25 Euro) what he
copy all directory to CD only.

So was nice you plan for Internet dialup in next versions or clean trick for
use next version of Squeak CD.

Happy new Year !!!

Edgar