SM has passed 500 packages!

DClarke at fadal.com DClarke at fadal.com
Wed Dec 29 01:11:32 UTC 2004

Great milestone!!

Can we think some more about how we create the category hierarchy now?
I think we need some more granularity esp. for the newbie.

Applications = 47
Development tools = 143

Maybe by:
* target audience
* multimedia
* UI
* keyboard enhancements
* code structure
* meta-code structures
* code browsers
* widgets
* math functions
* date/time functions
* version compatibility specific updates
* "trends for the future with great promise"
* interfaces to other applications/libraries
* interfaces to data structures
* other languages
* testing
* very experimental
* best for programmer's workbench
* file formats
* exemplary coding style
* internet consuming (client) applications
* packaging routines
* hobby/engineering specific

* etc.

Perhaps a wiki page everyone can sort & test.
Perhaps a "package last modified date" to measure how it's aging.

Cheers,
Darius