Connectors: What Are They?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Thu Dec 30 00:28:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:13:27 -0800, "Blake" <blake at kingdomrpg.com> said:
> I've been fascinated by--and trying to follow--the discussions on
> connectors over the past month and have just one question:
>
> What are they?
>
> I mean, can anyone give me a "high concept" definition that explains what
> they're designed to do? What problems they're meant to solve? I have them
> on my system, but I can't figure out how/where to use them.

As with any Squeak-related question of this sort ("What is xxx?") be
sure to check the Swiki to see if there's a page devoted to it.  (There
usually is.)

Go to http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak and Search for "Connectors",
and you'll find:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1773

Actually, it would be really nice if the Swiki let you do a search for
page titles only, that would be a lot faster for this case.  I often
want to do this.  Consider this a ComSwiki request!  (Although I don't
know if ComSwiki is still being worked on, and maybe SmallWiki already
does this.)

- Doug