How to access to SqueakMap account from squeak ?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Feb 1 17:50:46 UTC 2004

Hi all!

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2004, at 12:36 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> I would like to now how to access to the accounts from squeak ?

Very easy. "SMSqueakMap default accounts" :)

The instvar #accounts is lazily initialized.

> > this is indeed a very interesting question and I would like to add
> > another one:
> >
> > I had a look at the code, but I couldn't find out how to register a new
> > revision of a package from within Squeak on the public SM-Server.

Can't do that now. The current SM model is that all modifications to the
model is done using the web UI and then the local client model is just a
readonly mirror.

Now, it isn't intended to be like this "forever" - but it is like that
for now. Avi couldn't wait though :) so he added a HTTP API to at least
be able to make releases "remotely".

This is fine by me because the model I want *eventually* will take a
while. And I don't want to start towards that model - which is a
distributed model - until the other more important features are added
(dependencies etc) and the domain model itself has matured.

regards, Göran