How are Block Closures?

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 03:12:51 UTC 2004

Hi!  I am really looking forward to Block Closures in the stock image.  I tried
to give myself a preview.  In the latest 3.7, I loaded SmaCC, GeneralEnh and
then followed the instructions for ClosureCompiler (fixing deprecated
references before loading).

One thing I noticed was the image slowed down tremendously.  I understand the
VM needs rebuilt.

For some reason, I wasn't able to load the test cases, so I tried this
expression:

  | b |
  b := nil.
  b := [ : n | n > 0 ifTrue: [ b value: n-1 ] ifFalse: [ n ] ].
  b value: 10

I couldn't seem to get it to evaluate.  Oh well.  The important question is,
how is this effort coming along for 3.7?

Thank you!
  Chris