Error occurred during install: not a gzipped stream

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 4 09:44:57 UTC 2004

Hi!

"Kwiyi Woo" <kwiyi at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Version: squeak 3.6
> When I tried to download packages like "PWS" or "PlotMorph" from Squeakmap
> using the "package loader", the "Error occurred during install: not a
> gzipped stream" came out. Is this due to the version conflict or something
> else? Any help?

Yes, after investigating this a bit it turns out that this is due to
"poor error handling".
If you look in the package cache and open the *.cs.gz file that you
tried to install in say notepad or another editor you will see that it
contains an error reply from minnow.cc.gatech.edu.

So the problem is that the Squeak Swiki is down and that those packages
are hosted there.
So when SqueakMap tries to download them it actually gets an error back
- but don't know it.

Try again when the Squeak Swiki is up at:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/Squeak

> Thanks
> Kwiyi

regards, Göran