editor niceties

Hrvoje Blazevic hrvoje at despammed.com
Wed Feb 4 09:59:28 UTC 2004

Now that I have focus policy under control -- I'm on to the next
question (complaint :-) .

I guess I'm spoiled by Emacs Logo/Scheme/Lisp modes, therefore I do miss
several things in Squeak editor:

(By editor I assume browser -- as far as I understand this is the place
where the actual code gets written)

1) No automatic indentation?

Is there a way to turn this on? Having to hit Tab repeatedly is
disappointing.

2) Is there something like dabbrev mode that can be turned on in the
browser/editor? I'm not a touch typist, and tend to make a lot of typos
when typing long words, especially if they contain several capitals in
the middle.

(For uninitiated: dabbrev mode is dynamic abbreviation completion --
type a few beginning letters of a word and hit M-/ repeatedly until you
get the right completion).

Does anything like this exist in Squeak?

-- Hrvoje