[BUG]? with BFAV2.03

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 4 13:56:35 UTC 2004

ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > Stephane - just press alt-. and debug it as usual. I will check it
> > though.
> Silly me :) Sometimes I wonder where are my junggle survival Squeak
> skills :)
>
> I thought that I could access to the stack but the only thing I get is a
> doOneCycle.....I tried to identify the sender but the context is nil :(

Have you done "full stack"?

> The only thing I get is
>
> Nothing more expected -><
>

> > Anyway, I took the 5657, opened the package loader (installs SM2),
> > installed latest Monticello, installed BFAV2 and now I have:
> >
> > BFAV2 (2.03)
> > HTTPClient (19)
> > Large Lists (0.7)
> > MCInstaller (6)
> > Monticello (94)
> > PackageInfo (1.30)
> > SARInstaller for 3.6 (21)
> > SqueakMap2 base (0.94)
> > SqueakMap2 loader (0.92)
> > VersionNumber (1.0)
> >
> > Seemed to work fine. So perhaps you had some other stuff in your image?
>
> There was nothing at all in the image. This is the process I use to
> harvest pick the lastest image
> load SM -> SM2 then refresh map -> load BFAV2.03
>
> HTTPClient (19)
> MCInstaller (6)
> PackageInfo (1.30)
> SARInstaller for 3.6 (21)
> SqueakMap2 base (0.94)
> SqueakMap2 loader (0.92)
> VersionNumber (1.0)
>
> Now when I tried to load LargeList 0.7 I got minnow is not responding...
> So how this is possible that you load them?

Aha, ok - I probably had it cached! Tada.

> So I'm puzzled and I still do not get how I can access to the exception
> sender.

I think "full stack" solves it. But anyway, the underlying problem is
that minnow is down.

When it gets back up - try my little snippet I posted a while back to
fill up the local cache. Then you will not have to worry about minnow
being down. :)

> Stef

regards, Göran