Newbie Question - Instance Variables

Ed Grant CEO at EdGrant.com
Thu Feb 5 11:09:00 UTC 2004

I need some help.

What happens in this scenario?

    1. I create a new class (with few instance variables & methods).

    2. I creating several instances.

    3. I decide I need to add another instance variable to the new class.

Question: Can I add the new instance variable to the new class without
causing any problems?

If I can, will that new instance variable be duplicated in all the instances
that were previously created? What will each new instance object contain in
the new instance variable.

If I can't, what process must I follow to add a new instance variable to a
class which has already be created and instanstiated?

Ed Grant