Gtk2 coming to Squeak...

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Feb 5 19:38:26 UTC 2004

On Feb 5, 2004, at 8:12 AM, Blanchard, Todd wrote:

> Goran : Very cool!  Just a suggestion:
>
> If you're going to play with something like that, why not do it with
> this?
>
> http://wxwindows.org/
>
> Then us mac people could play too.

Well, us mac folk can sorta play with gtk - there is
gtk-osx.sourceforge.net which I just tried out, and although it's slow,
ugly, and unstable, it does bring up windows and buttons and such.

I noticed recently that Tcl/Tk for the mac works extremely well, using
real native widgets.  That might turn out to be easier to bind to than
WxWindows, since I don't know how much trouble it would be to do a C++
plugin.

But, really, we should just do a decent ObjC bridge one of these days...