[SVIBUG]Can't Use Browser

Steven Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:04:17 UTC 2004

Steven Swerling wrote:

> Steve Moffitt wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>  I get the same error using the debugger to send a stack trace in.
>>
>> Here by hand is the messages sent by debugger.
>>
>> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isSeparator
>> SandardFileStream(PositionableStream)>>skipSeparators
>> SandardFileStream(PositionableStream)>>nextChunk
>> SandardFileStream(PositionableStream)>>nextChunkText
>> RemoteString>>text
>> CompiledMethod>>getSourceFromFile
>> CompiledMethod>>getSourceFor:in:
>> RcsDiff class(Behavior)>>sourceCodeAt:ifAbsent
>

>  From the stack trace, it doesn't look to be SVI related -- SVI doesn't
> touch any of the code that accesses the change.log (assuming that's the
> file being accessed in this case).
>
> Can you look at the method in a regular browser?

I took a look at the skipSeparators method in PositionableStream, it
looks like this:
  skipSeparators
	[self atEnd]
		whileFalse:
		[self next isSeparator ifFalse: [^ self 	position: self position-1]]

The only call to isSeparator comes from "self next". The "next" method
appears to be a primitive. Is it possible the "next" primitive is
returning nil? Is the 3.7.1b2 mac vm you are using a new one?