Full Objective-C bridge (was Gtk2 coming to Squeak...)

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Fri Feb 6 11:04:17 UTC 2004

On 6 Feb 2004, at 09:41, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Because maintaining two VMs for Mac OS X is enough duplicated effort
> already.  Maintaining three is just silly.

Yes, the last time I discussed this with Ian he essentially said he
didn't care because he was only doing it for the learning experience
anyhow.

>   And the unix VM, AFAICT, does have a normal NSApplication event
> loop.  Perhaps you haven't looked at it recently?

No I haven't, and yes it does.  Nice.  Will have to take a look at the
entire thing.

> But it's not a big deal.  If it's easier to build a 3.6 CocoaSqueak VM
> than an ObjC-enabled unix VM, fine by me.

Nope, that should do just fine.

Cheers,

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher				Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel at metaobject.com		www.metaobject.com