Is there a Linux version of Squeak 3.6 release?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 6 16:52:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 16:26, Bruce ONeel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's always a bit confusing.  The 3.4 VM works just fine for
> 3.6 and later.  There is not normally a tight tie between
> the VM version and the image version, though it might
> be best not to try a V2 vm with a V3 image a V3 VM with
> a V2 image.

Although generally true, it is not true in this case.  A 3.4 Unix VM
will work just fine for 3.6-5424 but one of the updates in 3.7a causes a
severe (lock up if I remember correctly) problem unless you have a 3.6g2
VM.  Unfortunately I don't remember the details right now but if you are
really curious I can reinstall a 3.4 VM and let you know.

On that note I have instructions at

http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/KenCausey/diary.html?start=0

that produce a fulling functioning 3.6g2 VM on linux for me.

Ken