Easy way of sending a message

Vincent Coetzee vincent.coetzee at ebucks.com
Fri Feb 6 17:44:41 UTC 2004

Hi there

I seem to have gotten myself into a pickle and I was hoping someone had
some bright suggestions for me. I need to send an arbitrary message to
an arbitrary object in Squeak from within C. I have spent a lot of time
reading the Interpreter and ObjectMemory code, but can not find a quick
primitive to do this. Is there some mechanism for looking up method
objects that does not have side effects on the VM state. Specifically I
need the mechanism to implement call backs from C, and can not find a
simple function for doing this lookup without side effects.

Thanks

Vincent