Sharing patches for packages (Was: RE: Wish for Connectors 2 )

Raymond Asselin raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 8 16:04:55 UTC 2004

The 2004/02/05, Brent Vukmer <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote :

>Raymond -
>
>Have you tried working with Monticello?  It's much nicer than working
>with changesets IMO.

Hi Brent, tanks for your reply. Yes I use only Monticello now to group
my own code or additions to my images. I think what you call
Repository, is the Œpackage-cache¹ in the main directory of the image.

But I had some problem in the past months about files and directory
management in Squeak MacOs, that I did¹nt understood very well...where
the defaultDirectory of Squeak was always bad....so I abandon and use 3
Œpackage-cache¹ if I have 3 differents images..

>Even if you don't have access to space on a public server, Monticello
>saves by default to a repository on your desktop.

Are you sure that this repository is on my desktop by default ?
May be it is time to retry that functionalitay of Monticello.

>And you can then create a "Raymond's patches for Connectors" page on
>the Swiki and upload your MC versions >to there.

>You're  right that currently there isn't a  great way to advertise
>your versions of Monticello packages that other people own
> -- however
>I know that Avi, Göran and others are thinking about how ways to do
>that effectively.
>
>Regards, Brent

Göran and Julian told me that with SM2 I can upload, or it would
eventually be possible to upload an add-on, this is really fine, I¹ll
check it.

Again thank to you, Göran and Julian

Raymond