code updates beyond #5500

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Sun Feb 8 21:09:06 UTC 2004

Thanks for all replies, here's what I did:

I took the 3.6-g-2 source from Ian Piumarta's site, and used VMMaker
to clean out the src tree. After applying the float bug patch,
I had to build the plugins as external, as with internal plugins
linking problems occurred.

This incarnation of squeak is now able to load all updates upto the
last one currently available, but gives me error messages upon quitting:

> squeak Squeak3.7a-5657.image
# and after quitting squeak I get:

ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 134853480):
  squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule
ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 134852616):
  squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule
ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 134851624):
  squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule
ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 134850928):
  squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule
ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 134850096):
  squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule
ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 134889944):
  squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule
ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 134888168):
  squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule

The error message originates in line 325 of
unix/vm/sqUnixExternalPrims.c, but I don't have the time to track it
down any further now.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl