AW: UI Look & Feel support

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Feb 9 13:22:34 UTC 2004

Am 09.02.2004 um 13:46 schrieb Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com:

> Hi Andre!
>
> Unfortunately there is no standard widget kit in Squeak, and therefore
> no
> common UI Builder as you
> know from commercial systems - although lots of people ask for it.
>
> You can either look at the new GTK+ bindings Goran described or have a
> look
> at Zurgle from Jim Benson
> (if you want a more Windows like Look & Feel)
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2469

Zurgle ist not only a Windows Look&Feel: It's a fairly complete
theme-engine,
so you can actually make it look quite differently.

A long time ago there was even some discussion if it would make sense
to add
it to the image. Back then it was decided not to do this. I don't
remember why.
(I think because Zurgle was not rated as the perfect of all thinkable
solutions... )

    Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de