[FIX] FileDirectory-checkName-localName-fix-jf

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Mon Feb 9 22:41:01 UTC 2004

I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, but it sounds like you're
proposing that checkName:... would actually canonicalize the file name
into a full path before checking it.

But then if I pass in "Seaside/Foo-Bar" (the case where I encountered
the problem), how does it know the difference between the / in my
filename and the other slashes in my path?

We certainly need to canonicalize the filenames in many places but I
don't think this method is the correct candidate.  Is your reply an
argument against including this fix for the time being?  It seems the
system is in a more functional state with the fix than without...

Julian