[FIX] SUnit-combined-md

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Feb 11 09:01:54 UTC 2004

Am 11.02.2004 um 09:48 schrieb Avi Bryant:

> On Feb 11, 2004, at 1:35 AM, marcus at ira.uka.de wrote:
>>
>> This is just a .cs with the package content, for the update
>> stream.
>>
>> I guess it's small enough to handle it this way.
>>
>> But we need a better way to deal with in-image MC packages"
>
> Yes, the annoying thing about doing it this way is that the image
> doesn't record what version the code belongs to, so if people later
> want to submit new versions of the package, the ancestry would be
> wrong.
>
> What's wrong with putting a doIt into the update stream that installs
> the package from SM?

Ok, will do.

Could we come up with a way to build the update stream automatically
for those packages?

So we'd have updates.squeakfoundation.org, which get's notifed if
there's a new release
on SqueakMap. Then the server build a delta (using mc) between the new
version and the
release before that, and puts it out as an update automatically.
(I don't now how versioning is handled in the image, but i'm sure that
delta-cs could do the
right thing in the postscript).

The updates-server would have a web-interface, with the possibility to
define your own update
stream with your own set of packages. And it would have RSS support,
with nice reports about
what gets added.

        Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de