[RFC] OOVM & Resilient

smallsqueak.net smallsqueak at rogers.com
Thu Feb 12 01:02:34 UTC 2004

Hi Stef,

> The slides of his talk are at:
> http://wiki.eranova.si/esug/Talk+Notes+And+Slides
> http://wiki.eranova.si/esug/OOVM

    Thanks for the links.

> I asked lars why he took the risk to develop a smalltalk
> while he could have sold his Java fame.
> and he said that Smalltalk is simple beautiful... :)

    How true !  Smalltalk is just beautifully simple !

    It's just inevitable! How else can a language with
    syntax that can be described on the back of the
    business card (with enough room left for a droodle ?)
    running on a VM written in that same simple language, be.

    (Please correct me if  I did not get it right.)

    Just wondering what made it so hard to modularize Squeak.

    Cheers,

    SmallSqueak