EventSensor revision notes

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 12 05:27:23 UTC 2004

On Feb 12, 2004, at 12:03 AM, Timothy Rowledge wrote:

> - sends #flushAllButDandDEvents AND EventSensor>startUp sends
> Smalltalk isMorphic ifTrue:[self flushAllButDandDEvents]. Seems a bit
> messed up.

Well I should point  out the reason for flushAllButDandDEvents was
because:

a) In the carbon VM I created synthetic drag/drop events if you drag
and drop a pile of files and even an image onto
the VM in the finder. Thus allow you to launch an image say with a
number of jpegs.

b) On the startup of the image logic would flush the queue,
c) On starting up or switching into a project it would flush the queue.

Both actions would flush the pending synthetic drag/drop events.

To preserve the functionality of loosing any 'loose/random' mouse
clicks during project/startup processing I
added the   flushAllButD{rag}andD{rop}Events to ensure those were kept
around. Can't speak for the
'Smalltalk isMorphic" test, that was there before my fiddling.

===