OSProcess on Solaris - all primitives failing

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 12 11:05:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 07:29:10PM -0800, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> So I have a plugin that builds and loads find, shows up as builtin, but
> doesn't load, fails on all its primitives, and doesn't give any error
> output anywhere that I can find.
>
> I even tried putting in some fprintf() calls to stderr in the
> primitiveLockFileRegion() function (the original primitive I was trying
> to use) -- although this was when I was still trying to load the plugin
> dynamically.  I didn't see any of this output which confirms, I think,
> my suspicion that the primitive functions aren't even being called.

Be sure to follow the fprintf() with an immediate fflush(stderr) or you
will not get the expected output. Note that initializeModule() will be
the first thing called in the plugin, so you can reassure yourself that
the plugin is being loaded by putting an fprintf in that function.
I find it easier to debug these things with the plugin compiled external,
but it should work either way.

Dave