[FIX] ScamperFix-gk

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Feb 13 13:31:34 UTC 2004

>> My impression is that we should try to stabilize and improve it now
>> and people can use and install the code somewhere else.
>> We will have a public stable backuped free server. The key point here
>> is that we should make sure that we can identify the same versions in
>> different repositories (which is not well done with Store) and have
>> automatic publications (auto mirroring).
>
> As you probably know, these things are trivial with Monticello.
I never really tried because I was waiting for dependencies :)
Excellent

>> Avi for me the next step is:
>> 	- can we have a binary format for Monticello, alex coded for the
>> modules of Henrik a binary format.
>> We were thinking to release it (I'm not sure that this is good).
>
> I'd definitely like to see that.  It's a binary format as in saving
> and loading bytecode instead of source?

Alex is in rush for a paper (19 march deadline) but I passed him the
message.
Basically you save bytecode in addition to source. It works well for
alex as classboxes do not rely
on a centralized source manager. So I imagine that more development is
needed there if we would like
to use that for Squeak. But this can be a good basis to start with a
lot of tests (if I remember correctly)

Stef