real-time, time to display, accuracy of event timestamps

Luciano Notarfrancesco lnotarfrancesco at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 18:40:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm working on a neuropsychological test battery, and
I need to measure the time elapsed since something
appears in the screen until the subject reacts
pressing a key. I'd like to have accuracy to 1 msec or
better. Does anyone know how accurate is Squeak going
to be?

How much time can pass since I display something in
Squeak (drawing over Display) until it gets displayed
in the user screen? And how accurate are event
timestamps? Does anyone have experience with this kind
of real-time issues?

Thanks,
Luciano.-