Including i-var add in sar package

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Feb 14 01:18:54 UTC 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 5:16 PM, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:

>> #classes
>>   ^ super classes, (Array with: MyExternalClass)
> That causes the whole class to be added to the jar.  I've tried
> foreignClasses as well but no luck.

Oh, right.  Duh.
Yeah, what you want to do can't be modeled right now by PackageInfo
(see Colin's earlier message about wanting to be able to annotate
individual ivars, etc).  The best I can offer is to send
#addInstVarName: to the class in a preamble or #initialize method.
That's actually more robust anyway because it doesn't break if someone
else adds another inst var as well...

And, um, "jar"?  We don't start things with the letter "j" around these
here parts... ;)

Avi