Monticello dependency handling

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Feb 14 04:35:07 UTC 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 7:22 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

>> So Bert would have published a new version of Balloon3D, which would
>> have triggered a cascade of new versions of everything from Math on
>> up.
>
> This doesn't seem to be working.

Try http://beta4.com/mc/monticello/Monticello-avi.112.mcz .  This does
a few things:

- The above bug has been fixed.
- Merging a package with dependencies will do all of the merges at
once, rather than giving you a sequence of merge dialogs.
- Your tree widget modification (with a couple of fixes) has been
integrated.

Unfortunately due to a refactoring I did that renamed some inst vars,
upgrading doesn't work perfectly.  Either start with a clean image, or
you'll have to delete all your working copies and reload the packages.

If it seems to work ok, I'll push it out to SM.