[VM] new LibMPEG?

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sat Feb 14 23:18:47 UTC 2004

I was going through the VM sources and noticed that they actually
included an external component, libmpeg, I went to see if there was a
newer version. (Squeak's version dates to 2001, the current version is
only a few weeks old..) I tried to compile the new version and was able
to squash most of the problems except the squeak adaptor code was
incompatible. =\

Would it make any sense to integrate the new libmpeg into the squeak
sources? or, alternatively, rely on some different back-end, possibly
even a generated MPEG library?