A Lispy Forth for Smalltalk

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Feb 15 08:54:24 UTC 2004

avi

have you looked at F-script and the OOPAL model presented at OOPSLA
last year by philippe mougin.
Because I still would like to see if this can be introduced in squeak
with/without modifying the vm. I just have to
find a good student and philippe is willing to help. I browsed the
objective-C code and this is not really complex.
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Papers/Moug03aOOPALOOPSLA.pdf

Stef

On 15 févr. 04, at 02:52, Avi Bryant wrote:

> I've just put up a package called "Sorrow" on SqueakMap, which is an
> extremely simple compiler for a language inspired by the "functional
> Forth" Joy
> (http://www.latrobe.edu.au/philosophy/phimvt/joy/j01tut.html).

> It may be clear that this maps pretty directly to Squeak bytecode,
> which is why the compiler is so trivial (around 30 lines, but I was
> being verbose).

Should have a look this look like a niec exercise for my programming
lecture/smalltalk lecture
(too many exciting/fun to do) in competition with important boring ones.

stef