OPC

Lynn Hales lhales at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 15:03:00 UTC 2004

Hello Les,

Thanks Les,  evil probably but the entire control industry has selected
it as a communication standard.  Lynn

l> OPC! EVIL!!!!

l> Actually, spent a lot of time partially implementing an OPC Data Access
l> Server ( & Client ) in VisualWorks.  In the end, we found a third-party DLL
l> from WinTech that we've been using since and have been pretty happy with.
l> You could probably hook that up using FFI pretty easily.  The DLL is around
l> $1000, one-time payment for unlimited use & source.  Money well spent,
l> actually.

l> Also, check out Matrikon for some handy OPC tools that you can download.
l> Very handy for verifying that your server is working properly.

l> - les

l> ----- Original Message -----
l> From: "Brian Brown" <rbb at techgame.net>
l> To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
l> <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
l> Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 8:54 PM
l> Subject: Re: OPC

--
Best regards,
 Lynn                            mailto:lhales at earthlink.net