Squeak in college education

Aaron Lanterman lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 17 06:31:18 UTC 2004

Part of the Georgia Tech culture is that people like to complain. (This is
true for the faculty as much as the students.) Anyway, having a good sense
of humor about these things, I was peeking at
http://www.studentsreview.com/GA/GT_c.html and ran across this quote:

'Before I came I heard the school was good for Computer Science -- it is
afterall the biggest single major at the school. However, this is not a
Computer Science school, and they teach you useless languages such as
"Squeak", which you'll never use again in your life.'

[Aside to Mark Guzdial: If hoping you have a good sense of humor about
this... :) ]

This got me thinking... what would it take to convince college students
that Squeak is as cool as we think it is? Make them understand that C++ is
not the bees knees?

- Aaron

Dr. Aaron Lanterman, Asst. Prof.       Voice:  404-385-2548
School of Electrical and Comp. Eng.    Fax:    404-894-8363
Georgia Institute of Technology        E-mail: lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Mail Code 0250                         Web:    users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma
Atlanta, GA 30332                      Office: GCATT 334B