Squeak in college education

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Feb 17 09:08:56 UTC 2004

> ...what would it take to convince college students that Squeak is as
> cool as we think it is? Make them understand that C++ is not the bees
> knees?

	Well, I taught a Squeak course to some college students once, and the
thing they wanted (I kid you not) was better system organization, ways
to load and unload things. So I'm encouraged by the current
modularization effort.

	Another thing I've noticed is that if you've got anti-aliased fonts
installed, people don't notice the colors. :)  The system becomes
instantly more "respectable" (or ignorable? :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist