new release of MC (highly recommended upgrade)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Feb 17 15:14:57 UTC 2004

Brian Brown <rbb at techgame.net> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2004, at 4:38 AM, Avi Bryant wrote:
> >
> > I really recommend doing this upgrade.  As an example, the 'version'
> > file inside the zipped packages for recent versions of MC itself was
> > almost 4MB (!).  With the fix it's down to 26k.  With compression this
> > doesn't make as large a difference to the final file size as you might
> > think, but it sure does slow down loads.
>
> I receive an "Error occurred during install: key not found" when trying
> to install the new version from SM. This is 3.7 image.
>
> Brian

Some issues seem to be in play here. First of all - I have managed to
shoot myself in the foot with "SqueakMap2 base". Try to make sure you
have version 0.96 before doing anything else.

And if it blabbers on about you not having Monticello installed (when
you try to install 0.96), choose "No" and proceed.

Does that help?

regards, Göran

PS. Starting from a fresh image should hopefully work since I now use a
newer loadscript.