Using Monticello and SqueakSource and distributing packages

Lukas Renggli renggli at student.unibe.ch
Tue Feb 17 17:24:46 UTC 2004

Hi Tim,

> I'm attempting to use SqueakSource. The first problem was that (using
> Safari on panther) the register and package register pages both failed
> to return after pressing the 'do it' button - but did 'do it' ok.

I just tried again with Safari on Panther and registering a new package
works fine for me, you just have to be patient our Solaris Server isn't
a very fast machine. At least it seems that we finally fixed the memory-
leak problem that made the VM crash from time to time ...

> Next,
> I attempted to import my VMMaker3.7 .sar package and was told only
> ..mcz's are allowed. Fair enough, though it doesn't tell you in
> advance.

Well on the front-page it says: Welcome to SqueakSource, the smart *
Monticello* code-repository for Squeak.

> Whilst I can appreciate the desire to be concise on a
> webpage, perhaps  SqS has gone a bit too far.

We know that the SqueakSource web-interface isn't perfect yet and we
intend to improve it as soon as time allows us to do so.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli