Using Monticello and SqueakSource and distributing packages

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Feb 18 06:17:32 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 9:35 pm, Timothy Rowledge wrote:
> Slightly different question for MC - given that my main machine is not
> currently on the net, which packages in which versions should I load
> into a 5707 image to put together a system which I can use to start
> trying to use MC to track the development of VMMaker?
>
> MC version?
	Any of the more recent ones. The latest from SqueakMap looks to be OK.

> SARBuilder?
	Not until I post a version that works with the new MC. For now, make little
scripts like I posted.

> PackageLoader? (Or can I download the others and merely install them?

If you first go to the World menu and say to open a PackageLoader it will load
SM2 and the PackageLoader for you.

Then follow that with a load of Monticello from SqueakMap.

> When I 'download' in with SM2 where do the dang files go? I can't see
> them anywhere)

Look in the package-cache directory.

> Which files/directories do I need to copy across along with the
> resulting image/changes?

I believe that the directories will be created as needed.

However, if you really wanted to go wild, you could get:

the sm/ directory (SqueakMap and cache)
the package-cache directory (active MC packages)

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/