Cleaning bob super wiki

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 18 17:49:39 UTC 2004

ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Contents people means people that would like to get more educative
> contents in Squeak.
> I think that a major clean should happen in bobSuperWiki. My wife
> started to play with etoy and
> she wants to build acceleration and other physic experiences. I know
> that other people are doing that too.
>
> Now the question is do I really point her to the 350 projects half-way
> done or simply broken in the bob
> super wiki? seriously if I want her to drop her projects yes.
>
> My point is that Bob Super wiki should be cleaned. We should annotate
> and throw away to empty not working one.
> If at the end we get 20 projects worth exposure then this is perfect.

Yes.  Let's make a new directory when 3.8 comes out.  Or, go ahead and
make a directory for 3.6 and/or 3.7.  When you open the navigator, have
it browse to the correct directory for your Squeak version by default.

By the way, it really is a swiki.  We could also very well have a Front
Page project that people link to.  As well, there is nothing stopping
people from making alternative front pages that overview the superswiki.
 If having a directory per Squeak version is a problem, then an
alternative is to have a separate front page for each Squeak version.
But I hope we can do it by making separate directories.

Either way, we really need to do something regarding version skew.  To
do serious development on a SuperSwiki, it is important to freeze the
version of Squeak that people use to access it.  A lot of the projects
that appear "broken" are simply requiring a different version of Squeak.

-Lex