Squeak on iPAQ Sources

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Feb 19 17:58:22 UTC 2004

  Alejandro,

  Sorry for slow response...

> I tought that FFI works on current implementation, but the test I have done
> reports that FFI is missing.

  It doesn't.  If you're trying to use a WinCE device based on XScale,
you'll have to do a little work in assembly.  Writing plugin may be
easier way to go in short term.

> Then I tried to download the sources and compile them to build the VM...
> The download works fine Squeak3.1alpha6-030206.tar.gz
>  but I couldn't find the project settings for PocketPC2002(or
> 2003)...

  What do you mean by project setting?  Under
Squeak3.1alpha6/src/win32, there is a project file for the eMbedded
Visual Tool.  I haven't tried the source with the latest ".NET"
version of eVC, though.

> Can you help give me any recomendation or guide to know how to set the
> source project to compile for PocketPC ?

  you can download the tool from Microsoft site.  I think 3.0 should
be enough:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F663BF48-31EE-4CBE-AAC5-0AFFD5FB27DD&displaylang=en

but if you try newer version of compiler, that would be great.

  Hope this helps,

> THANK YOU for your time!

  Sorry again for slow reply.  I was (and am) occupied by the DVD project like hell!

-- Yoshiki